St Clare of Assisi

Friday, March 22, 2013

For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.                                                  Romans 7:19

My Lord,
I know you call me to love you, but of myself I cannot love you - Give me your Love so that I may give it back to you;
I know you call me to serve you, but of myself I can do nothing - give me your strength that I may serve you with it;
I know you call me to do good, but although I try I always end up doing the contrary - give me faith in your Mercy and enough strength and hope to get up every time I fall;
I know you call me to be all for you and to come back to you every time I stray from you, but my pride hinders me - give me your humility to come back to You and to reside in Your Heart forever. Amen


“Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew." - St. Francis de Sales

  

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment