St Clare of Assisi

Friday, March 18, 2011

19th March Solemnity of St Joseph Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary



A simple village carpenter, Joseph, the husband of Mary and guardian of the child Jesus, has become the guardian and patron of Christ's universal Church.


Mass Readings

FIRST READING - Second book of Samuel 7: 4 -5, 12-14, 16

Psalm 88: 2-5. 27. 29.
R> His dynasty shall last for ever.

SECOND READING - from the Letter of St Paul to the Romans 4:13, 16-18,22

Gospel Acclamation -  Psalm 83:5
Glory and praise to you, O Christ!
They are happy who dwell in your house, O Lord, for ever singing your praise.
Glory and praise to you, O Christ!

GOSPEL - St Matthew 1: 16. 18-21. 24


_________


Here are some prayers dedicated to St Joseph


Prayer to St Joseph

O My beloved St Joseph, adopt me as your child, take care of my salvation, watch over me day and night, preserve me from the occasion of sin, obtain for me purity of soul and body!

Through your intercession with Jesus grant me a spirit of sacrifice, of humility and self-denial, a burning love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and a sweet tender love for Mary, my Mother.

Saint Joseph, be with me living, be with me dying, and obtain for me a favourable judgement from Jesus my merciful Saviour.  Amen


TALBA LIL SAN ĠUŻEPP

     O Mqaddes Ġużeppi, fil-hemm li fih ninsabu, lejk nirrikorru u b’tama kbira nsejħu l-patroċinju tiegħek, wara l-patroċinju tal-Għarusa mqaddsa tiegħek.  Mela, f’gieħ dik ir-rabta għażiża ta’ mħabba li biha kont marbut max-Xebba bla tebgħa, Omm Alla, u f’ġieh dik l-imħabba ta’ missier li biha ħabbejt lit-tfajjel Ġesù, nitolbuk li tħares ħarsa ħelwa lejn il-wirt għażiż, li Ġesù Kristu rebaħ b’Demmu, u bis-setgħa u bil-għajnuna tiegħek tidħol għalina fil-bżonnijiet tagħna.

Kif int, o Ġużeppi, kont taħseb f’din l-art għall-Familja Divina u tħarisha, hekk ukoll ħu ħsieb tal-familja maħtura ta’ Ġesù Kristu. 

Eqred minn ġo nofsna, o Missier ħanin, din il-pesta ta’ erruri u ta’ ħażen li qegħdin imarrdu d-dinja, ieqaf magħna mis-smewwiet, f’din il-gwerra li għandna mal-qawwa tad-dlamijiet, o Protettur qawwi tagħna;
u kif darba ħlist mill-mewt lill-Bambin Ġesù, hekk issa ddefendi l-Knisja mqaddsa t’Alla mit-tnassis tal-għedewwa u minn kull hemm.

Xerred dejjem fuq kull wieħed minna l-patroċinju tiegħek, sabiex bl-eżempju u bil-għajnuna tiegħek, nistgħu ngħixu ħajja qaddisa, nagħmlu mewta tajba, u naqilgħu l-hena ta’ dejjem ġewwa l-ġenna.  Ammen.


Memorare to Saint Joseph
Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any who implored your help and sought your intercession were left unassisted. Full of confidence in your power, I fly unto you, and beg your protection.  Despise not, O foster-father of the Redeemer, my humble supplication but in your bounty hear and answer me. Amen.

Ftakar, O Għarus purissimu ta' Marija Verġni, O ħelu Protettur tiegħi San Ġużepp, li qatt ħadd fid-dinja ma' nstama li sejjaħ il-għajnuna u talab il-protezzjoni tiegħek mingħajr ma' ġie minnek ikkonsolat.  B'din it-tama qawwija, jiena niġi quddiemek, u b'ħerqa kbira lilek, nirrakommanda ruħi. Deh! ilqa t-talba tiegħi, O Missier Puttativ tar-Redentur, u ismagħni bil-ħniena.  Ammen


A Special Prayer to St. Joseph
Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him close in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment